Re: ImageMagick support on Cygwin

From: Ken Brown
Subject: Re: ImageMagick support on Cygwin
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 07:53:46 -0400

Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 00:49:28 +0200
From: Angelo Graziosi<address@hidden>

Ken Brown wrote:
I think the culprit is this line in configure.in:

AC_DEFINE(HAVE_MAGICKEXPORTIMAGEPIXELS, 1, [Define to 1 if
MagickExportImagePixels is defined.])

Commenting out it and regenerating 'configure' seems to fix the issue.

Can you figure out why AC_DEFINE(HAVE_MAGICKEXPORTIMAGEPIXELS) causes
trouble in Cygwin?  What version of ImageMagick do you have?

I don't think this is a Cygwin issue. I think it's a mistake in configure.in, but I could be wrong. (I don't really understand the syntax of this file.) The line I quoted seems to unconditionally define HAVE_MAGICKEXPORTIMAGEPIXELS, making the next line irrelevant:

  AC_CHECK_FUNCS_ONCE(MagickExportImagePixels)

What happens on Cygwin is that it doesn't have the MagickExportImagePixels function, and AC_CHECK_FUNCS_ONCE correctly detects this, but HAVE_MAGICKEXPORTIMAGEPIXELS is defined anyway.

Cygwin's ImageMagick is 6.4.0.6, to answer your last question.

Ken