base

From: Alan Mackenzie
Subject: base
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2010 12:06:42 +0000

Hi, Emacs!

Both here and in other contexts I keep reading the term "rebase".  I
don't think I had heard it at all a few months back.

Would somebody please tell me exactly what "rebase" means.  I have an
idea that it means this; when working on a branch, sometimes the
upstream is enhanced; to "rebase" is getting the enhancements into the
branch one is working in, together with all the administrivia.

Thanks in advance!

--
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).