Re: base

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: base
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2010 22:39:08 +0900

Juanma Barranquero writes:

 > Which, I readily admit, is not worse than Bzr's reputation of "OMG
 > its documentation is full of vagueness and lacking detailed
 > explanations and even clear definitions of basic concepts".

Try Bazaar For Git Users,
http://doc.bazaar.canonical.com/migration/en/survival/bzr-for-git-users.html.
(It helps to be familiar with git; specialized git terms like "ref"
are used without definition.)

There are a couple of inaccuracies there.  The important one is that
bzr update is *not* an alias for bzr pull.  Rather, bzr pull
synchronizes the current branch to the remote branch if and only if
the local branch is a subset of the remote.  It normally updates the
workspace as well.  In a bound branch or checkout, the current branch
is the master branch it's bound to; because of the binding, of course
the local branch gets synchronized too.  bzr update synchronizes the
workspace to its (master) branch; in the case of a bound branch, this
has the side effect of synchronizing the local branch bound to the
master.

Other than that, IMHO :-) it's pretty good, as far as it goes.