Re: base

From: Óscar Fuentes
Subject: Re: base
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2010 17:50:30 +0200

David Robinow <address@hidden> writes:

> Do you realize you are making an effective argument against using a
> Distributed Version Control System?  If I had to go to auto mechanic
> school to learn to drive, I'd probably take the bus.

Do you think that investing half an hour (or maybe a full hour depending
on the document used) to know a key tool for your daily work is too
much? Having such knowledge will save you lots of time.

Unless you are not a programmer. In such case the git model can look
inaccessible. One of the reasons why the bzr developers are so reluctant
to give a sound technical foundation to their documentation is to avoid
shooing non-technical users, as it seems that they reached the
conclusion that being attractive to that audience is the only hope for
saving bzr from the irrelevance.