`about-emacs' - what about the revno?

From: Drew Adams
Subject: `about-emacs' - what about the revno?
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2010 08:38:15 -0700

When a bug that I filed gets fixed, sometimes the developer who fixes it lets me
know which "revno" it is fixed in.  E.g. "This bug is now fixed (revno 101110)."

I do not build Emacs myself, and I have no idea what the "revno" corresponds to
or how/where to find it in an existing Emacs build (binary).

When I do `C-h C-a', or when I submit a bug, I see only an identifier like this:

GNU Emacs 24.0.50.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
 of 2010-08-16 on 3249CTO

If the "revno" is important info for identifying an Emacs build, then perhaps we
should include it in such user-facing info.  If not, then perhaps developers
could refer in some other way (by date?) to the code that contains a given fix.