Re: Compiling Elisp to a native code with a GCC plugin

From: Wojciech Meyer
Subject: Re: Compiling Elisp to a native code with a GCC plugin
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 22:00:50 +0100

Tom Tromey <address@hidden> writes:

> Wojciech> Mark and sweep is no good, it would be so good if we had
> generational
> Wojciech> GC... :(
>
> It could be done.  It just requires someone willing to do the work.

I know. I could get my old sources of generational garbage collector, to
work. However it is a daunting job (the worse I could imagine, garbage
collectors are nasty), plugging and debugging a new garbage collector to
such huge and esoteric (I am sure people that who've been working on
Emacs for years will not take this words badly and understand straight
away what I am (a newbie) talking about) project like Emacs. However I
might try to experiment with it (however unfortunately I am not that
self confident about it ;) ).

> Tom

Wojciech