Re: e and pi

From: MON KEY
Subject: Re: e and pi
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2010 22:03:51 -0400

On Sat, Sep 18, 2010 at 10:50 AM, Stefan Monnier
<address@hidden> wrote:
>  * is already accepted as a char that
> marks the variable as "OK to use with defvar".

Yes, I saw. Thanks for that!

> As for +, I've never seen Elisp code use it, so I don't see a need for it.

It is a fine convention though.
No doubt one like it will probably spring up in the absence of an
informal hint from the devels...

And, with lexbind integration maybe more Common Lisp code should be
able run with only minor modification esp. the older pre-CLOS stuff.
Maybe I'm dreaming...

> Note also that Using *...* for dynamic vars doesn't save the author from
> using a prefix, since that is needed for modularity reasons.

Yes, of course.

Though, as mentioned in a recent bug report these types of vars
don't/won't get font-locked in "*Help*".

bug#6601: help-make-xref doesn't buttonize `help-variable-def'  as per
         `help-xref-symbol-regexp
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-gnu-emacs/2010-07/msg00309.html

--
/s_P\