Re: long-standing set-up errors on upgrade (elimination of x cut buffers

From: Joe Brenner
Subject: Re: long-standing set-up errors on upgrade (elimination of x cut buffers)
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2010 15:39:50 -0700

Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <address@hidden> wrote:
> Joe Brenner <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > (Of late, the gnus emacs team seems to be having trouble with the idea
> > of stable interfaces.)
>
> Do you have anything in particular in mind?

I could name a few things.

One example I'm not sure about any more: I could swear emacs had
suddenly switched to "typing-replaces-selection" behavior (standard on
post-Macintosh interfaces perhaps, but never in emacs).  Now I don't
think I'm seeing that behavior any more.

There was some discussion on usenet recently about subtle changes
to the behavior of next-line.

One that's been a minor annoyance to me is that repeated C-l's are no
longer a no-op, but flip the display around in a new way that took some
getting used to.