Re: [RFC] Review uuid.el -- library for UUID generation

From: Kan-Ru Chen
Subject: Re: [RFC] Review uuid.el -- library for UUID generation
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2010 15:08:54 +0800

Chong Yidong <address@hidden> writes:

> Kan-Ru Chen <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> I recently started a new library project, uuid-el, for generating UUIDs
>> for RSS feeds, or other places where UUID are used.  Since this is my
>> first serious elisp program--a relatively simple one though--I'd like to
>> take the chance to improve the code and to learn some conventions.
>
> Pretty good for a first elisp program.  I don't see any convention
> violations.  Just one minor nitpick:
>
>   (let ((address (uuid-get-ieee-address)))
>     (mapconcat (lambda (var) (format "%02x" var))
>                address "")
>     ))
>
> Try not to leave close parentheses on lines by themselves; this tends to
> annoy Lisp programmers.

Thank you.

I've put the updated version on github.

Newer version uses `calc' package for bignum arithmetic, which should
work on more platform.  The only concern I have now is that the
`network-interface-list' and `network-interface-info' aren't widely
implemented or implemented correctly.  For example, only Linux version
of `network-interface-info' will return non-nil HWADDR.

--
A badly written book is only a blunder. A bad translation of a good
book is a crime.