Re: Emacs tool bar on Fedora14

From: Jan Djärv
Subject: Re: Emacs tool bar on Fedora14
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2010 15:54:03 +0100

2010-11-13 17:40, Chong Yidong skrev:

The trouble is that this means that only 4-5 buttons will fit on the
tool-bar, by default.

I observe that in Gedit, some of the tool-bar buttons are just icons
(New, Print, Redo, Cut/Copy/Paste, Search), while others are accompanied
by text labels (Open, Save, Undo).  This lets them fit more buttons in.
Other Gnome applications do the same thing.

If we are going to use text labels, we should probably implement this.

I added a keyword :vert-only to tool bar items to do this and added it to some of the items in the default and Info tool bars. Even with most icons being just images, the Emacs tool bars tend to be quite long. Maybe clean out some items?

        Jan D.