Re: return

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: return
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2010 18:24:04 +0900

> That is, I think it would probably be pretty nice if every defun
> establishes a nil block.  So this wouldn't be a Common Lisp-ism, but
> better!  :-)
>
> (If we want to avoid confusion with the CL return, then we could call it
> something else, like freturn.)

Doesn't every defun in CL establish a nil block?

What you're proposing looks pretty much exactly like CL...

(by "CL", note that I mean "Common Lisp", not "cl.el")

Which is fine of course, CL's block mechanism is nice.

Of course one question is:  what about returns out of lambdas?
Would/should they be supported, given that they need an entirely
different mechanism internally?

-Miles

--
"An atheist doesn't have to be someone who thinks he has a proof that
there can't be a god.  He only has to be someone who believes that the