Re: Gdb in emacs 24

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Gdb in emacs 24
Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2011 03:56:57 -0500

> From: Andrea Crotti <address@hidden>
> Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2011 09:07:32 +0100
>

> I'm using now emacs from the trunk (in the signature the full version)
> and it works wonderfully for everything.  The only thing that doesn't
> work is the gdb.
>
> I have an elisp function to call GDB (just a shortcut):

> (defun gdb-pad ()
>   "Debug the simulation"
>   (interactive)
>   (gdb "gdb -cd=/long/path --annotate=3 --args /long/path/opp_run args"))

If you "C-h f gdb RET", you will see that Emacs 24 switched to use the
GDB/MI interface, so the --annotate=3 thingy is no longer TRT, and I'm
quite sure it will interfere in "interesting" ways.

Does the interactive invocation via "M-x gdb" work, or does it fail in
the same way?  If the latter, set debug-on-* non-nil, and post the
traceback.  If the former, modify your gdb-pad to fit the arguments
passed to GDB by the interactive invocation.

> Is there any emacs-friendly way to navigate in the bug tracking system
> and see if something is already there about?

There's a search feature on the bug tracker site, just search for
relevant keywords.

> And by the way is not so easy to find the web interface of the bug
> tracking system, I only saw it the first time I when I actually reported
> a bug (dreaming about an org-mode based bug tracking system).

See admin/notes/bugtracker in the Emacs tree near you, it has all
those details spelled out.