Re: A better autogen.sh

From: joakim
Subject: Re: A better autogen.sh
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 13:25:02 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

>> From: address@hidden
>> Cc: Paul Eggert <address@hidden>,  address@hidden
>> Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 11:47:58 +0100
>>
>> Would it be any help if anyone* set up a cron job to do this
>> automatically? That is, run autoconf and check in the results in the dos
>> dir?
>
> Yes, that would be a good solution, thanks for bringing it up.  The
> only concern would be: can we trust the machine on which this job runs
> to exist and continue running it for as long as Emacs exists?  Doing
> that on savannah (if possible) might solve this concern as well.

The non-existence of Gnu servers capable of hosting continuous
integration seems to be a big issue.

I'm trying to draw my straw to the stack but my servers are in my
cupboard. At least I have a decent UPS and decent bandwidth. My ISP
won't give me a fixed IP though.

As for longevity I seem to be destined to be an Emacs aficionado until I
acquire Alzheimer's.

--
Joakim Verona