Re: Lexbind (was: Emacs 23.3 released)

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: Lexbind (was: Emacs 23.3 released)
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2011 13:22:03 +0100

On Thu, Mar 17, 2011 at 11:28, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:

> Is this with today's sources from the lexbind-new branch?

The ones from yesterday, though today's changes haven't touched
xdisp.c so far as I can see.

> Because
> line 6744 in xdisp.c is the closing brace of next_element_from_buffer
> with today's bzr repo.  How can Emacs get stuck in such a line?

No idea.

> However, since this seems to be an optimized build, the backtrace is
> not guaranteed to make sense.  I suggest to recompile without
> optimizations and post a backtrace if and when that hangs.

It wasn't optimized, theoretically speaking, but yesterday I spent
some time reworking my build scripts and it's not entirely unlikely
that I screwed up something. I'll check.

> If you can
> reproduce this in a non-optimized build, try stepping after
> interrupting Emacs, and see where it loops or in what function call it
> gets stuck.
>
> Also, perhaps try bt in the other threads, maybe they are stuck, not
> the Lisp thread.

Will do.

Thanks,

    Juanma