Re: A better autogen.sh

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: A better autogen.sh
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2011 16:36:08 -0400

Paul Eggert wrote:

>> Yes, I like `autogen', thank you.
>
> In gnulib-using projects such as coreutils, the standard name for this
> directory is 'build-aux'.

I'm not massively fond of "build-aux" as a name, but I don't really care.

Should the things you propose to move there be in release tarfiles?
Because the things I would move to "autogen/" should not (because
releases get "proper" configure etc pre-built), so that might be a
reason to have two separate directories; although of course make-dist
could handle it if both kinds of thing were in the same directory.