Re: expand tls to elpa.gnu.org

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: expand tls to elpa.gnu.org
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2011 13:28:43 -0500

On Sat, 19 Mar 2011 12:21:24 -0400 address@hidden wrote:

aj> so far there is no tls/ssl support for elpa.gnu.org . In my opinion
aj> this is a real problem as there is no way to check the authenticity
aj> and integrity of downloaded packages. Is it possible to expand the
aj> certificate of gnu.org to elpa.gnu.org?
aj> Of course this makes the package-manager not checking integrity - but I
think anyone interested in doing so can modify it without problems.

I can install a certificate but it has to be requested by the domain
owner so I'm not sure who to bug about it.

Ted