Re: general lazy list facility for Emacs Lisp?

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: general lazy list facility for Emacs Lisp?
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2011 21:41:06 +0100

Tassilo Horn <address@hidden> writes:

>> You can try it out right now in the `lexbind-new' branch which is
>> pretty much ready for inclusion (mostly lacks testing, and has
>> currently 1 open bug apparently around eieio; additional testers are
>> welcome).
>
> I've started compiling

Compiled it.

(setq lexical-binding t)

(let ((x 1))
  (defun lex-test (y)
    (+ x y)))

(lex-test 1)
;; ==> 2

Wow! :-)

> and will report issues if I find one in my daily use.

Found one!  C-h k lexical-binding RET errors.  I've reported it, but the
confirmation mail has not yet arrived.

> I guess, that there are many packages that won't work with
> lexical-binding set to t, right?

Seems to be a false assumption.  At least org and Gnus are running fine.

Bye,
Tassilo