Re: Keys in edit-abbrevs-mode

From: Andreas Röhler
Subject: Re: Keys in edit-abbrevs-mode
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 12:09:33 +0200

Am 28.03.2011 06:59, schrieb Leo:
On 2011-03-28 00:33 +0800, Andreas Röhler wrote:
+1

How about something like this:
http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=5937#52

Maybe introduce a customizable boolean ask-abbrev-buffer-safe, if not
existing.

Andreas

Do you think we still need ask-abbrev-buffer-safe? (I don't have a
precise picture about what that var supposed to do).

Leo

That var should re-enable the old behavior if needed.
Just a precausion. Not sure about it.

Please permit some general remark.

First of all I'm happy seeing you tackling the abbrevs issue. Think thats a field indead, where Emacs may play it's strength still much more than now. Seeing some readiness for a still bigger success.

Have several ideas in the pipe, which I may present you - first one as bug-report sent this morning.

Nonetheless keep an eye at the risks of changes.

As Emacs makes changes easy, thats a strength and a weakness alike.
Would assume some time is spent redoing earlier improvements.

Thats normal, however let's minimise these losses.

Thats all

Cheers

Andreas