libdbus / static linking?

From: David Reitter
Subject: libdbus / static linking?
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2011 08:45:49 -0400

Is it possible to statically link libdbus?

I tried "-static" in LDFLAGS, but that fails strangely in ./configure (compiler
can't build executables: gcc 4.0.1 on a Mac).  Is this supposed to work, and
worth further investigation?

The reason for this is that I'm running into problems with binary compatibility
of emacs and the dynamically linked dbus lib, when one is compiled for X86_64,
and the other for the i386 architecture.

Begin forwarded message: