Proposed change to nt/INSTALL

From: Ben Key
Subject: Proposed change to nt/INSTALL
Date: Wed, 4 May 2011 18:35:25 -0500

Hello,

I have finally been able to get back to working on my patch to configure.bat to support --cflags and --ldflags options that include quotes.  The following is a proposed new paragraph for nt/INSTALL.  This paragraph will come after the paragraph that starts with "Support for options that include the `=' character require "command extensions" to be enabled."

  You may also use the --cflags option to specify additional include
  directories (via the -I option) and the --ldflags option to specify
  additional library directories (via the -L option).  If a directory
  name includes spaces, you will need to enclose the directory name in
  quotes, as follows -I"C:/Program Files/GnuTLS-2.10.1/include."  Note
  that the directory name is enclosed in quotes, not the entire
  argument.  Also note that this functionality is only supported if
  command extensions are available.  If command extensions are disabled
  and you attempt to use this functionality you may see the following
  warning message "Error in --cflags argument: ... Backslashes and
  quotes cannot be used with --cflags.  Please use forward slashes for
  filenames and paths (e.g. when passing directories to -I)."

I would appreciate any input on this change.

The only other thing I need to do to complete this patch is to test it in Windows 2000 and Windows XP.  So far I have only tested it in Windows 7.