Re: fix many doubled-word typos

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: fix many doubled-word typos
Date: Tue, 10 May 2011 19:36:11 +0300

> From: Jim Meyering <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden
> Date: Tue, 10 May 2011 18:17:04 +0200
>
> > If by "it" you mean bzr, then this comes from your
> > ~/.bazaar/bazaar.conf, in the [DEFAULT] section.  I don't think the
> > default is "U. Ser", I think it's your user ID on the machine where
> > bzr runs.  At least that's what I once got when I forgot to invoke
> > "bzr whoami" before the first commit.
>
> Thanks, but I've had a name and email address specified in
> ~/.bazaar/bazaar.conf (version-controlled, even) since 2009.
> And my username/name are specified as you might imagine in /etc/passwd,
> and there is no "U. Ser" in my environment.
>
> And of course, bzr whoami reports what I'd expect:
>
>     $ bzr whoami
>     Jim Meyering <address@hidden>
>
> I'm at a loss, so far.

Indeed, very strange.  The full revision-id of your commit is
"address@hidden", which means bzr
didn't use your ID in bazaar.conf for some reason.

Hmm...  Does your ~/.bzr.log show something interesting between the
last time it worked correctly and this time?

If .bzr.log gives no clue, perhaps post a question about this to
address@hidden, they are a helpful bunch of people.