Re: can `shuffle-vector' be moved?

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: can `shuffle-vector' be moved?
Date: Fri, 13 May 2011 13:47:47 -0300

> I was trying to say "miscellaneous functions that require cl-macs.el."
> I think the value of the loop-based `shuffle' is code brevity and
> clarity;

Since I'm not very intimate with `loop', the while form is clearer for
me, tho not enough to justify preferring one over the other.

> I mean that they all have the "cookie-" prefix while the package is
> called cookie1.el.

That's OK: the main rule is "use a prefix", if the prefix is exactly the
same as the file-name it's best, but it's not crucial.

> Yes, maybe we're at the tipping point where it's worth breaking up
> subr.el into subr-vec.el, subr-list.el, subr-alist.el, etc.  OTOH it's
> nice to have them in one place.

No, the main reason for a misc-lib.el would be for it to not be
preloaded, so the division wouldn't be based on the kind of
functionality provided but on whether those functions/macros are used
often or rarely.

        Stefan