Re: please set both MALLOC_PERTURB_ and MALLOC_CHECK_ envvars

From: Jim Meyering
Subject: Re: please set both MALLOC_PERTURB_ and MALLOC_CHECK_ envvars
Date: Sat, 28 May 2011 20:52:58 +0200

Thien-Thi Nguyen wrote:
> () Jim Meyering <address@hidden>
> () Fri, 27 May 2011 23:57:40 +0200
>
>    this time a compiler problem appears
>
> Please describe specifics of this compiler (name, version, etc).

It was the gcc from Fedora 15.

    $ rpm -q gcc
    gcc-4.6.0-7.fc15.x86_64

Using gcc built from the very latest (yesterday),

    gcc version 4.7.0 20110528 (experimental) (GCC)

everything works fine, and yes!, even with these envvar settings:

    MALLOC_PERTURB_=117
    MALLOC_CHECK_=3

So at least for a little while, I'll be using that.

Bottom line: using the very latest gcc-4.7.x, all is well.