Re: running ./temacs

From: Dan Nicolaescu
Subject: Re: running ./temacs
Date: Tue, 31 May 2011 01:19:01 -0400

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

>>> No idea.  I'd speculate that it's undesirable to initialize it when
>>> dumping...
>> Yes, probably.
>
> So `initialized' is not the right variable to test.
> Maybe Vpurify_flag would be closer since it is a better indicator of
> whether we're about to dump or not, AFAIK.

Vpurify_flag does not quite work. lread.c:init_obarray sets it
unconditionally:

  /* Qt is correct even if CANNOT_DUMP.  loadup.el will set to nil at end.  */
  Vpurify_flag = Qt;

I checked in a simplified version of this and of
set_initial_environment.
./temacs runs now.  It starts up in -nw mode, but that's a different
issue.  It would be great if someone could solve that one too...