Re: Memory leak due to bidi?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Memory leak due to bidi?
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2011 09:47:40 -0400

> From: Óscar Fuentes <address@hidden>
> Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2011 15:16:40 +0200
> Cc: Kenichi Handa <address@hidden>
>
> Kenichi Handa <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > Could you check the versions before and after my changes for
> > char-table handling?
> >
> > 2011-07-07  Kenichi Handa  <address@hidden>
> >
> >     * character.h (unicode_category_t): New enum type.
> >
> >     * chartab.c (uniprop_decoder_t, uniprop_encoder_t): New types.
> >     (Qchar_code_property_table): New variable.
> > [...]
>
> The tip revision of my Emacs is precisely the revision you mention. So
> far no abnormal memory consumption. bidi-display-reordering is
> nil. GNU/Linux x86_64 (Kubuntu 10.10). Daily usage of Gnus, org-mode,
> magit, several programming modes and an assortment of minor modes. The
> current instance is running since 6 days ago. Previously it ran since it
> was built (07-07) for about 3 weeks. So there was plenty of opportunity
> for showing the leak.

Thanks for the info.

FWIW, I'm running the version that shows "the leak" on others'
machines for the last 10 days without exiting Emacs, and last time I
looked it had a 195MB memory footprint.  So I suspect the leak is
triggered by some specific usage patterns.  Or maybe I'm missing
something important.