Re: uni-mirrored.el and uni-bidi.el

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: uni-mirrored.el and uni-bidi.el
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2011 20:51:33 +0300

> From: Chong Yidong <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden
> Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2011 13:43:20 -0400
>
> Was there any resolution on the question of replacing the internal bidi
> tables with those in uni-mirrored.el and uni-bidi.el (or vice versa)?

Yes.  I will make the necessary changes, probably next week, to drop
the private copy in biditype.h and use the tables from uni-bidi.el via
the APIs defined on chartab.c.

> This is immediately relevant if we want to change some C code to be bidi
> aware, like generate-new-buffer-name.  Should such code use the internal
> tables, or uni-*.el?

It should use the uniprop tables, as described in the commentary
before uniprop_table_uncompress (in chartab.c).  Those tables are
populated by loading uni-*.el as needed.