Re: is there a hook run when display geometry changes?

From: David De La Harpe Golden
Subject: Re: is there a hook run when display geometry changes?
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2011 19:59:34 +0100

On 12/08/11 19:28, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
No, I don't think so. `window-configuration-change-hook' is run when
there's a change to the windows being displayed in an Emacs frame.

It is also run when the frame geometry changes, if my reading of the
code is correct.

But the frame geometry mightn't always be said to change just because display geometry changes in current window systems, AFAIK e.g. on X11, you'd want a hook run when emacs [selects for] and gets an xrandr XRRScreenChangeNotify event, I think. Could be a separate display-configuration-change-hook or maybe another trigger of window-configuration-change hook.

I reckon it's a reasonable feature request, anyway (Edward, you could maybe file a wishlist item in the bug tracker?), though I confess I haven't checked the current code's behaviour on display hotplug changes.