Re: The bug tracker...again

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: The bug tracker...again
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2011 13:00:00 -0400

    I don't know, but this statement by Richard...

      "If we are to use a bug tracker, it must allow people to do everything
       thru email if they wish to, and must make that mode convenient." [1]

    ...might be inaccurate or incomplete.

    I'm not sure if Richard meant email per se, or merely that bug-reporting
    must be possible from within Emacs, i.e., without switching to a
    separate web-browsing program.

I meant email, strictly and literally.

    If that's the *real* requirement, then any bug tracker with a decent
    network API would probably work, because we could teach Emacs to speak
    that API for reporting new bugs.

It is fine if such an interface exists, but it does not substitute
for access by email.

--
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation