`vc-dir' fail with a directory name

From: Thierry Volpiatto
Subject: `vc-dir' fail with a directory name
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2011 16:26:48 +0200

Hi,
`vc-dir' fail with a directory name in some cases.

The fault is for example in vc-rcs-responsible-p, but maybe in others
predicates, i didn't check.
For example:
I have a /bar/foo directory where the vc is Hg.
The vc in /bar is RCS
I run (vc-rcs-responsible-p "/foo") it will return t
Which is not true.

Here a fix for this function, but maybe you will need to fix other
functions.

(defun vc-rcs-responsible-p (file)
  "Return non-nil if RCS thinks it would be responsible for registering FILE."
  ;; TODO: check for all the patterns in vc-rcs-master-templates
  (file-directory-p (expand-file-name "RCS" (if (file-directory-p file)
                                                file (file-name-directory
file)))))

BTW I just discover that in this message buffer, if i enter vc-dir and
SPACE, vc-dir is completed with vc-directory!!
I must enter SPACE with C-q SPACE above.

--
A+ Thierry
Get my Gnupg key: