Re: TextLint: Check your scientific writing from Emacs

From: Antoine Levitt
Subject: Re: TextLint: Check your scientific writing from Emacs
Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2011 14:08:44 +0200

08/09/11 12:48, Damien Cassou
> TextLint is a tool to check your scientific writing for common style
> errors from Emacs:
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsG2DKgHanE
>
> For additional information, please see
> http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs-en/TextLint
>
> Feedback is highly appreciated

Bonjour Damien,

Do you know about style-check.rb?
http://www.cs.umd.edu/~nspring/software/style-check-readme.html

It's faster, and easier to setup than your tool.  I tried both your tool
and style-check on a manuscript, and generally the errors in style-check
were more pertinent, with less false positives. TextLint did find a few
things style-check didn't, so I'm keeping it around, thanks for writing
it :-)

I like your web interface, and how you group the warnings in it.

Also, a few fixable false positives :

- inline math isn't recognized properly. For instance, "$A$ and"
  complains that it should be an.

- "After "a" only words beginning without a vowel are allowed." triggers
  on "a uniform"

Also, for completeness, I think you want shell-quote-argument instead of