Re: Persian RTL problem

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Persian RTL problem
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2011 00:57:19 -0400

> From: Kenichi Handa <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden
> Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2011 12:58:01 +0900
>
> For Arabic shaping, you need all of them; i.e. m17n-db,
> m17n-lib, and libotf.

Thanks.

But I was mistaken in my previous mail: these libraries, if present,
are mentioned in different Makefile variables than the one I asked
about.  Here's what I have in my src/Makefile:

  FREETYPE_CFLAGS = -I/usr/include/freetype2
  FREETYPE_LIBS = -lfreetype
  LIBOTF_CFLAGS = -I/usr/include/freetype2
  LIBOTF_LIBS = -lz -lotf -lfreetype
  M17N_FLT_CFLAGS =
  M17N_FLT_LIBS = -lm17n-flt -lm17n-core

Please make sure you have this in your src/Makefile.  If one or more
of these variables are empty or mention only some of the libraries,
config.log should tell you why the configure script didn't think they
were available.

You can see if GCC is able to find these libraries like this:

  gcc --print-file-name=libotf.a

If GCC displays an absolute name in response to this command, it means
it can find it during compilation.  If it just repeats the name
without leading directories, it cannot.