Re: M-x in shell after emacs --daemon

From: Tim Cross
Subject: Re: M-x in shell after emacs --daemon
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2011 19:24:49 +1100

I upgraded to the most recent bzr sources for emacs and svn sources
for emacspeak and tested again on both 32 bit and 64 bit Xubuntu
systems. I tested with emacs started in daemon mode as part of my
xsession startup and starting just under a virtual console. In neither
case was I able to reproduce the issue you are seeing. I ran
emacsclient -c under X and emacsclient -t underthe virtual console and
then ran M-x shell. Issuing w, ls, top and other commands which I
thought might have problems, but all worked fine.

The emacs I'm running is compiled with all standard configure options
and built with GTK+ support.  The only two 'no' responses reported by
configure are for imagemagick and selinux support. Emacs is installed
in /usr/local

I you still have not got a resolution to this by next weekend, I'll
try installing stumpwm - its been a while since I tried running it and
was thinking about giving it another try, so this could be a way to
kill two birds with one rock.

Tim

--
Tim Cross