Re: auto-raise-mode and auto-lower-mode

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: auto-raise-mode and auto-lower-mode
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2011 11:10:14 -0500

> AFAICT, these don't work on modern window managers, right?

Really?

> I'm going to remove them from the Emacs manual.  Any opinion about
> marking them as obsolete?

I'd be happy to remove the C code that implements those features, but
I'd be even happier to replace it with Elisp code implementing that same
feature (especially if the Elisp code can be changed to do other
things: I've always wanted to try and make my minibuffer-only frame to
"auto-slide" like some panels do; on those tiny 1024x600 netbook
screens, vertical space has really high value).

        Stefan