Re: Changes in epaths.in

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: Changes in epaths.in
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2012 03:11:27 -0500

Eli Zaretskii wrote:

> Is it really wise to make changes in basic Emacs configuration during
> a pretest?  E.g., the change to PATH_DUMPLOADSEARCH looks non trivial
> to me, and I cannot immediately assess its effects (if you can, I
> would suggest to at least put it in writing in the ChangeLog entry).

The effects are zero, because those values are not used for anything.
Configure changes every one of them to the actual values.
The pre-defined values are essentially comments.

Of the platforms that do not use configure, MS Windows uses nt/paths.h
instead, and the msdos build (presumably) uses sed to edit all the
values it cares about.

Oh, I see it does not change PATH_DUMPLOADSEARCH, which was the only
non-absolute value. sed4.inp should probably set it back to ../lisp.
POSIX platforms have been using an absolute value for years (at least a
decade I think), so the previous comment about it being ../lisp was
misleading.