Re: Emacs 23.4 Updated Windows Binaries published

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: Emacs 23.4 Updated Windows Binaries published
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2012 14:31:09 +0100

On Tue, Feb 7, 2012 at 10:53, Richard Stallman <address@hidden> wrote:
> What is DOI?

See http://www.doi.org/ :

    The Digital Object Identifier (DOI®) System is for identifying
    content objects in the digital environment. DOI® names
    are assigned to any entity for use on digital networks. They
    are used to provide current information, including where
    they (or information about them) can be found on the Internet.
    Information about a digital object may change over time,
    including where to find it, but its DOI name will not change.

    The DOI System provides a framework for persistent
    identification, managing intellectual content, managing
    metadata, linking customers with content suppliers,
    facilitating electronic commerce, and enabling automated
    management of media. DOI names can be used for any
    form of management of any data, whether commercial
    or non-commercial.

    The DOI System is an ISO International Standard.

But when I mentioned DOI it was the idea I was thinking of.