Re: CL package serious deficiencies

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: CL package serious deficiencies
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2012 08:52:31 -0700

>>>>> "Eric" == Eric Schulte <address@hidden> writes:

Eric> I assume you are referring the use of keyword arguments in the CL
Eric> functions, as (to my knowledge) keyword arguments were consciously
Eric> excluded from elisp and are not used elsewhere.

Elisp sort of has keyword arguments.  They just aren't part of the
language, so they are reimplemented by hand in various functions.
You can find many examples in Emacs, including even functions in C,
e.g., dbus-call-method or make-network-process.

Tom