Re: GC crash on optimized build on Windows

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: GC crash on optimized build on Windows
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2012 20:23:57 +0200

> From: Juanma Barranquero <address@hidden>
> Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2012 14:05:52 +0100
>
> I just had a gc crash on an optimized build. I'm not going to file a
> bug report yet because I don't think it is repeatable at will, but I
> have the gdb session open in case someone wants me to check anything.

Can you try applying the technique for debugging crashes in GC that is
outlined in etc/DEBUG?

> #2  0x0100ffda in compact_small_strings () at alloc.c:2271
>         nbytes = 29184
>         tb = <optimized out>
>         from = <optimized out>
>         end = 0x372dffc
>         tb_end = 0x372dffc
>         from_end = <optimized out>
>         b = 0x372c000
>         next = <optimized out>
>         to = <optimized out>
>         to_end = <optimized out>

In this frame, what does "info address from" say?  If it says that
`from' is stored in some register, can you display the value of that
register, and using that value reproduce what is from->string?

And which Emacs version is that: 24.0.93 or 24.0.94?