Re: web-mode.el

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: web-mode.el
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2012 12:55:36 +0200

On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 12:49 PM, Bois Francois-Xavier <address@hidden> wrote:

>> Does web-mode.el incorporate a new mode for PHP? Then it would be
>> interesting to test this with mumamo.el.
>
> It is not really a new mode for PHP. There is a dedicated function for
> syntax hightlight (with dedicated font lock keywords) and dedicated
> cases in the main indent function. It is the same with HTML, CSS,
> JavaScript.

It would be very nice if those functions for PHP would be available as
a major mode. Then it could immediately be used in a lot of other
combinations with nXhtml/MuMaMo.

I guess you have written the parsing functions so that they do not
cross the chunk boundaries. Or, do I misunderstand that? If you have
done that then perhaps a major mode for PHP could use that and make it
available in some way to multi major modes frameworks?