Re: Loading when viewing docstring of autoloaded function

From: Andreas Röhler
Subject: Re: Loading when viewing docstring of autoloaded function
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2012 08:39:29 +0200

Am 24.06.2012 08:25, schrieb Leo:
On 2012-06-24 13:09 +0800, Stefan Monnier wrote:
Other than the fact that this is not a solution but workaround, I don't
like the idea. Loading may be fast, but the loaded libraries use memory
and change the environment, which seems too much to pay for a docstring
or seeing a proper key binding (which you might never want to actually
use) to me.

These arguments seem valid. I think we are paying too much for too
little gain.

Leo

what about delivering an independent index, resp. to the way etags produces it?
I.e in this case command-name, docstring, source-file-name.

Andreas