Re: Change to bool only partially done?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Change to bool only partially done?
Date: Sun, 02 Sep 2012 20:25:31 +0300

> Date: Sun, 02 Sep 2012 07:36:16 -0700
> From: Paul Eggert <address@hidden>
> Cc: "address@hidden" <address@hidden>
>
> I merely meant that the checkout wasn't consistent.
> This occasionally happens, if bzr is interrupted during
> a checkout.

If it happens, it's a bug in bzr that should be reported.  Updates
are atomic, they either complete successfully or not at all.  In
particular, AFAIU bzr updates the meta-data first, and only if that is
successful, updates the tree by using the meta-data locally.  So
partial file updates should never happen, except due to a bug (which
would be rather surprising at this stage in bzr development).