Re: threads and kill-buffer

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: threads and kill-buffer
Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2012 13:10:00 -0600

>> I have been thinking about it and the only issue I see is that,
>> since it introduces a new buffer state,

Stephen> Not one that's visible to Lisp.  Why would it be?

It is visible because in thread T, the buffer is still the current
buffer, but is semi-live.  On the trunk (buffer-live-p (current-buffer))
can never be nil, but under this proposed change, it could be.

Stephen> but if
Stephen> other threads are killing your buffers, who knows what they might be
Stephen> doing to the contents?  Better to just give up.

Yeah, but the question is exactly how to give up.

Tom