Re: Feature freeze on October 1

From: David Engster
Subject: Re: Feature freeze on October 1
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2012 17:30:48 +0200

Chong Yidong writes:
> The trunk is just about ready to go into feature freeze for the 24.3
> release.  We will begin the freeze on October 1, a couple of weeks from
> now.  If you are working on a feature that you'd like included in 24.3,
> please commit it before October 1 or ask for an extension.

I've been busy merging CEDET with Emacs. I already merged all the
changes from Emacs trunk to CEDET trunk, and I'm currently working on
the other way round. I think I should be able to have our 'to-emacs'
branch ready till October 1st, which could then be merged in.

However, we also wanted to pull in the CEDET grammar generation
packages, Bovine and Wisent, which are not yet part of Emacs. This will
require more work, since we have to update those to properly conform
with Emacs's coding standards. I cannot do this until October; maybe
Someone Else can take a look, otherwise I definitely need an extension.
Also, I don't know if copyright issues are fully worked out for them.

-David