Re: policy, recommendations regarding `cl-*'

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: policy, recommendations regarding `cl-*'
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2012 08:59:46 -0400

> On a related note, am I understanding right that functions
> and macros from cl-macs.el will *not* trigger warnings?

Depends what kind of warning and in which circumstance.

> For example, compiling a file with this
>   (cl-position '1 '(0 1 2 3))
>   (cl-defsubst test () (interactive) (message "blah"))
> will warn about cl-position, not cl-defsubst.

I don't see any particular reason to have a warning for the above code,
unless of course you forgot the (require 'cl-lib) or you wrapped the
(require 'cl-lib) in an eval-when-compile.  So please say precisely
which warning you get and in which case.

        Stefan