Re: Elisp native profiler

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Elisp native profiler
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2012 00:02:04 -0400

> That's could be fixed by using floats.  I'll do it.

That might work for the percent calculation, but we can also have
wrap-around for the actual counters.  I'm thinking that we might want to
scale them a little (e.g. instead of measuring bytes, we could measure
bytes/N where N would be at least 16, and more if possible) to at least
push the limit by a factor of N.
I guess we could also use floats for them, but that would take a bit
more work and hack.

        Stefan