Re: Modified keypad keys

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: Modified keypad keys
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2012 21:41:51 +0300

> I think we don't need to provide this feature anymore and can simply
> expect that if the user wants it, he'll have to rely on his OS to do it.

I don't know whether something in this area could be fixed for 24.3,
or should be postponed to the release after the next one,
but there is one strange phenomenon that looks like a bug:

With "emacs -Q -nw" in xterm most shifted arrow keys `S-left',
`S-right', `S-down' work normally and select a region
while moving point in corresponding directions.

But one key `S-up' fails and displays in the echo area:

  <select> is undefined

`C-q S-up' inserts to the buffer "^[[1;2A" and there exist
a keybinding for this sequence in lisp/term/xterm.el:

    (define-key map "\e[1;2A" [S-up])

I don't understand why it has no effect.