Re: [ELPA-diffs] /srv/bzr/emacs/elpa r312: Update AUCTeX ELPA package to

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: [ELPA-diffs] /srv/bzr/emacs/elpa r312: Update AUCTeX ELPA package to the new 11.87 release.
Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2012 21:34:23 +0100

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

>> I didn't really merge elpa/packages/auctex with the auctex CVS
>> repository (which is not so easy because the directory layout
>> differs) but just copied over the files from the new auctex release
>> tarball.  But now I'm going to merge your copyright header changes
>> back to the auctex CVS.
>
> Why still use the CVS repository?  It seems more trouble than
> anything.

Do you have a better idea?  We are planning to migrate to some DVCS
anytime soon, but since AUCTeX is expected to work with all Emacs
versions >= 21.x plus XEmacs >= 21.4.x, there's no way to develop it
only as a part of emacs in its bzr repo, although that would be very
nice from a maintenance point of view.

Bye,
Tassilo