Re: Dual licensing of Org manual?

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: Dual licensing of Org manual?
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2012 12:22:16 -0500

Bastien wrote:

> The notice in version 7.9.2 of the Org manual* says:
[...]
>    A copy of the license is included in the section entitled "GNU Free
>    Documentation License."

This was untrue (there was no such section). I added one.

>    This document is part of a collection distributed under the GNU Free
>    Documentation License. If you want to distribute this document
>    separately from the collection, you can do so by adding a copy of the
>    license to the document, as described in section 6 of the license.

This was logially inconsistent with the above. I removed it.

(I imagine that since your manual is published as a book by _someone_,
the FSF would like you to include the cover texts, the GNU GPL, and
their "standard invariant section which explains the importance of free
documentation". After all, you're publishing the book so that people
read it, and the FSF wants these statements included so that people are
exposed to them. But what I imagine is irrelevant, since rms will tell
us.)