Re: package.el + DVCS for security and convenience

From: Xue Fuqiao
Subject: Re: package.el + DVCS for security and convenience
Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2013 06:21:56 +0800

On Fri, 04 Jan 2013 11:05:12 -0500
Ted Zlatanov <address@hidden> wrote:

> Now, since everyone but Xue Fuqiao has told me that tying package.el to
> the DVCS is a bad idea, we need to decide how these signatures will be
> stored in the ELPA, and how they can fit into the existing ELPA
> structure.
I've changed my mind about tying package.el to DVCS now.  It require external
tools,  so it wouldn't be available to all Emacs users.  If people like this
feature, we can make it a package in ELPA to make its use optional.

As for GnuPG and OpenPGP implementation, I prefer the latter(although it is
more difficult and may be low-quality), because (at least)I don't like call
external tools.
--
Best regards, Xue Fuqiao.
http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/XueFuqiao