Re: RFE: require and load-path-shadowing

From: Achim Gratz
Subject: Re: RFE: require and load-path-shadowing
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2013 08:21:36 +0000 (UTC)

Glenn Morris <rgm <at> gnu.org> writes:
> I guess this would be
>
> http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=10125

Almost, but not quite.  The issue described there would be solved with this
enhancement, yes.

I'll respond to that bug report later (I must have missed it earlier), but the
assumption that the Makefile compiles the files in different order than the
package manager is not true.  But the Makefile carefully avoids loading anything
before starting the compilation and of course that load-path is correctly set up
from the very beginning (something package manager simply can't do, short of
starting a new Emacs process).  It would still fail if anything it needed to
re-evaluated was already present with 'emacs -batch -Q' (say already dumped),
however - which is why I think this should be solved in a more general fashion.

Regards,
Achim.