Re: Unuseful keybindings

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: Unuseful keybindings
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2013 11:58:57 +0200

>> Yes, M-f10 maximizes the window on Gnome as documented in
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Table_of_keyboard_shortcuts
>> What would be a better non-conflicting key?
>
> I don't understand why you think there's a conflict.

When the Gnome system key M-f10 maximizes the frame,
Emacs doesn't reflect this change in the frame parameter
`fullscreen'.

The test case that demonstrates this problem:

1. emacs -Q
2. Eval (frame-parameter nil 'fullscreen) => nil
3. Maximize the frame using Gnome system keys.
4. Eval (frame-parameter nil 'fullscreen) => nil
5. Maximize the frame using `M-x toggle-frame-maximized RET'
6. Eval (frame-parameter nil 'fullscreen) => 'maximized

I.e. it's only one-way: changing the frame parameter `fullscreen' to
`maximized' maximizes the frame, but maximizing the frame doesn't change
the frame parameter `fullscreen'.  Is this a bug?

When maximizing the frame using Gnome system keys doesn't change the frame
parameter `fullscreen' to `maximized', we can't save this value when
enabling fullscreen mode and restore it after disabling fullscreen mode.